Child Group Classes: Students are allowed up to 3 make-up sessions for unattended classes, to be completed within the same semester, pending class availability. Please call 212.219.9893 to schedule in advance.
Adult Group Classes: No make-ups are included in a class-pack purchase. However, we do offer students two options:
1) Pending class availability, students may attend a corresponding class on the schedule, to be completed before the next group class.
2) Pending teacher availability, students may purchase a 60-minute private session at the discounted price of $65, which is to be completed before the next group class.
*Note: The tremendous rate of acceleration in QTalk adult classes can only be supported by attendance of all classes in succession. The success of the entire class depends on equal attendance by all students. If a student must miss more than 2 classes in a session, they can apply the balance on their account as a credit towards the purchase of another class pack.
Private & Semi-Privates: A minimum of 12 hours notice is required to reschedule the class; otherwise any prepaid classes will be lost, and any unpaid lessons will result in a cancellation fee of $40.
Cancellation Policy - we do not offer refunds, only credit to be put towards future group classes. If you must drop out after a session has begun, you may be credited for unused classes up to 50% of the tuition for that session. We do not guarantee the same class will be offered within the 1 year term of credit. Credits may be used for any language on the schedule or may be applied to the purchase of private or semi-private classes. There is a $50 reprocessing fee for switching to a new group or private class situation. Credit is good for 1 year from the start of your purchased session.
HOW ARE ADULT WORKSHOPS SCHEDULED?
We understand that the lives of working professionals in NYC are crazy and unpredictable. That’s why at Tribeca Language we offer a form of Custom Scheduling for all adult classes. We provide wiggle room with start dates and even do our best to accommodate scheduling needs that arise mid-session but it requires a team effort.
How it works:
1. We put pending session start dates on the calendar
2. You check your schedule carefully and select the session that works for you
3. We will take a transferable but non-refundable deposit of 50% of the course fee (For Living Social Coupon Holders, you redeem your coupon*- see below)
5. If you become unable to attend your confirmed workshop, you will have to wait until another confirmed worshop becomes available.
IMPORTANT: Please note, you will NOT count as one of the minimum 3 students needed to confirm a workshop on the schedule, as that would result in our paying a teacher twice for your classes. Understand in this event, confirmed workshops may have to go forward with less than the minimum number of students. Please also note, that we cannot determine how long it will take for another confirmed class that works for you to be added to the schedule.
6. However, we happily add classes to the schedule whenever possible, so by putting your own group together you can expedite the scheduling process. The better acquainted the class members are, the easier it is to make adjustments to the class should the need arise – a slightly different start time one week, a different day the next. Our teachers try to be as flexible as possible. As long as you can work it all out together and we have a room available, we will make it work so that you are able to complete your session as easily as possible.
Options If You Must Miss A Class:
No make-ups are included in a class-pack purchase. However, we do offer students two options:
1) Pending class availability, students may attend a corresponding workshop on the schedule, preferably for your sake and for the sake of your classmates, to be completed before the next group class. This is due to the amount of information that is covered per workshop. Each class will contain some review of the previous workshop but it will likely not be enough for you to not feel lost and frustrated in the group.
2) If this is not an option, you may also ,pending teacher availability, purchase a 30-minute private session at half price ($40)-- one per session – preferably to be completed before the next group class if at all possible, for the same reason as above.
*Note: Due to the tremendous rate of acceleration in QTalk adult workshops can only be supported by attendance of all classes in succession. The success of the entire workshop depends on equal attendance by all students. If a student must miss more than 2 classes in a session, they can apply the balance on their account as a credit towards the purchase of another class pack. Please do all you can to be sure you can clear the 4 weeks of each session before enrolling – remember, this is a team effort!